Create a Dollar-off a product collection reward in WooCommerce
📝 Note: This reward type is recommended to be online only. If you want to have it available in-store as well, it requires strict staff training to ensure the sale is over the spending threshold.
In this article:
- How to create a $ off product collection reward
- Tips for Success
- How it works - your customers' experience
Create a $ off product collection reward in Marsello
1. In your Marsello admin, go to Loyalty > Rewards
2. Click Add Reward
4. Reward Title: Give your reward a title that lets your customers know which specific product is discounted
7. Under Advanced options, click Apply discount to specific products and/or collections. Then select Collections in the dropdown.
📝 Note: Repeat this process to include multiple collections.
8. Select your desired product collections in the dropdown.
9. Under Terms, enter the terms that you want your customers to abide by when using this reward
Tips for Success
- Get creative with your reward titles. Add variety and personality to your reward titles to create customer interest in redeeming rewards.
- Create three or more rewards to encourage customers to earn more and more points to spend. A rewards ladder gives your customers more flexibility to choose rewards they would like to earn points towards and encourages them to spend more in order to achieve higher point-cost rewards.
- In-store - Make sure your staff knows what your loyalty rewards are so they can inform customers at checkout. This will encourage your existing customers to be active with the loyalty program, and encourage new customers to join.
- Find out what rewards your customers like - try creating rewards with different discount types and amounts and measure their success.
- It’s important to be sure you also include the relevant terms and conditions for rewards. Whether it's to encourage fair use or to protect your store, outlining exactly how and when your rewards can be redeemed ensures that your rewards are used as you intend them to be used.
How do customers redeem $ off collection(s) rewards?
- Online - The customers add their products to their cart and their unique discount code to the discounts bar at checkout. If the order contains products within the intended collection(s), the reward discount is automatically applied to deduct the discount. If the order does not contain the intended products, the reward will not work.
In-Store - This reward type is recommended to be online only. If you want to have it available in-store as well, it requires strict staff training to ensure the correct products are being purchased.
The customer will tell staff that they have a reward they would like to redeem. The staff member adds the product(s) to the sale, and assigns the customer. The staff member then must check that the products match the conditions on the reward.
If the sale includes the correct products, the staff member needs to click redeem on the reward under the customer's account. There are no checks in place to make sure the products/collections match the reward settings.
Are the points cost removed from the customer's loyalty points balance when they claim a reward?
Yes, as soon as a reward is redeemed, the customer's points balance is adjusted, removing the points cost, to prevent them from redeeming rewards they are not entitled to. This protects your store.
Why should I create rewards at different points cost?
A reward ladder entices your customers to earn points to spend on your rewards. It allows them to work towards a reward that is appealing to them and gives them the choice of the reward that they want the most. Loyalty programs with 3-5 rewards see greater success, in terms of customer engagement.
Can customers redeem more than one reward at a time?
Even if a customer has enough points to redeem multiple rewards, they can only use one reward discount code at checkout at a time.
Can a customer redeem their discount code more than once? No, reward discount codes are unique and only available for one-time use.
How it works online - Your customers' experience
Your customers redeem their discount code at checkout as they normally would, however, if the order does not contain items from the collection(s), they'll get the message "Your cart does not meet the requirements for the discount code" and they won't be able to apply the discount until they add products from the specific collection(s).
📝 Note: It's important that the title and the terms of your reward make it clear what the collection is so that your customers understand how to redeem it.
Please sign in to leave a comment.