Redeeming reward codes in-store with Lightspeed Retail (R-Series) POS
In this article:
- Types of discounts you can create with Lightspeed Retail (R-Series) POS
- How staff redeem discounts in Lightspeed Retail (R-Series) POS
Types of rewards you can create with Lightspeed Retail (R-Series) POS
These are the discount types that you can create with Lightspeed Retail (R-Series) POS:
✨Fixed value ($ off) storewide reward
✨% off storewide reward
How staff redeem discounts in Lightspeed Retail (R-Series) POS
1. Add the customer's products that they want to buy to the sale
2. Add the customer to the sale by searching for them by name or email address and clicking on their profile to add them to the sale
📝Note: If they are a new customer, please click the +New button and enter their full name and email address to create them as a customer.
3. Click the Attach to Sale button to the left of the customer's name to add them to this sale. This will automatically add the customer to the sale.
4. Next, select the Loyalty button. This will open the customer's unique loyalty widget and display their available rewards.
📝 Note: The customer profile must have an email address associated with it for the Loyalty button to pull up reward information. This is because Marsello uses the customer's email address as the unique identifier.
5. If the customer has a loyalty reward or email discount available, the staff member can click Redeem next to the discount title to add it to the sale.
6. The discount will then automatically be added to the sale. Please note that if
- the customer redeemed a loyalty reward, the loyalty points cost of that reward will be removed from their loyalty points balance at the same time that the discount is added to the sale. The customer's unique discount code will be displayed in the 'Addon Code' field.
- OR the customer redeemed an email discount, the discount code will be removed from their account ensuring that they cannot use it again. The customer's unique discount code will be displayed in the product line notes.
7. Once the sale has been completed, the customer will earn loyalty points for their purchase.
Please sign in to leave a comment.