Add customers to your in-store program with Lightspeed Retail (R-Series) POS
For Lightspeed Retail (R-Series) Users
In this article:
⚠️ Important: To use Marsello on your Lightspeed Retail (R-Series), please enable the required sites under the Integrations page.
How to add a new customer to your Lightspeed Retail (R-Series) customer database
1. Add the products the customer is looking to purchase to the sale.
2. Search for the customer by name or email address.
3. Select +New to create a new customer.
4. Add the customer's details: first name, last name, email address 1* and mobile number.
📝Note: Marsello uses email address 1 as the customer's unique identifer
5. Add the customer's marketing preference:
- If the customer accepts email marketing, SMS marketing, or both, staff must select "Yes, I have consent from my customer". Staff must then indicate which marketing the customer accepts. Select email for email marketing. Select call for SMS marketing.
- If the customer does not accept marketing, leave the contact settings blank.
6. Select Attach to Sale to add the customer to the current sale
Find the new customer in your Marsello admin
After the sale is completed, the customer will automatically be added to your Lightspeed Retail (R-Series) and Marsello customer lists. Please note this can take up to 10 minutes for the sync to complete.
1. In your Marsello admin, go to Customers
2. Search for the customer by name or email address
3. Click the customer's name to open their profile
- See profile details (name, email, mobile, marketing status synced from Lightspeed (R-Series) POS
- See order details (order number, date, and loyalty points calculation summary)
- Manage their account (adjust their points balance, unsubscribe them from emails, remove them from your customer list, etc.)
How it works – Your customers' experience
After you have completed the sale, your customer will be added to your Marsello customer database.
- The customer will automatically earn loyalty points for their purchase. They will also receive the Earned Points loyalty notification email (if turned on).
- If the customer accepts marketing, they'll be able to receive your next marketing campaign and automation.
Please sign in to leave a comment.