If a customer purchases a $100 gift card, the Lightspeed Retail (X-Series) POS Gift Card product is added to the sale. Marsello then applies points based on the amount the customer spent on the products purchased (in this case, $100 = 100 points). As a retailer, you don't earn the revenue from a gift card until it is spent on your merchandise, so we advise you to blacklist gift card purchases from earning points to prevent customers from taking advantage of the Loyalty Program.
Add a tag to the Lightspeed Retailer (X-Series) POS Gift Card Product so you can blacklist gift cards from earning points twice.
1. In Lightspeed Retailer (X-Series), navigate to Catalog
2. Use the search bar or scroll to locate your Gift Card product
3. Click on the product's name: Gift Card
4. At the end of the URL, type: /update
5. Scroll down to the Tags section
6. Add a new tag, for example: gift-card
7. Click Save
Update your Marsello settings to prevent customers from earning points on gift card purchases
1.In Marsello, navigate to Loyalty > Settings
2. Scroll down to Lightspeed Retail (X-Series) POS (Vend) Order Rewarding
3. Add your new tag to the "Do not reward points on products that belong to one of these categories"
4. Click Save.