Before you start
Ensure that the following installation has been completed:
Your POS site(s) are enabled under the Integrations page
Your Marsello account is billed via Lightspeed (contact support if you're unsure).
You have access to Workflows in your Lightspeed Retail (X-Series) POS admin
In your Lightspeed X-Series admin, go to Settings
In your Settings navigation, check if Workflows is a visible settings option for your Lightspeed account.
How to enable the marketing status POS prompt
1. In your Marsello app admin, go to Settings & More > Settings
2. Scroll down and select POS Prompts
3. [Optional]: Click Edit next to the marketing status prompt to update the title and prompt text.
4. Toggle the on/off button to ON next to the prompt.
Enabled prompts will display across all registers at all enabled sites.
What the prompt looks like when a customer's marketing status isn't attached to their account
1. Should a customer not have a saved marketing status, enabling this prompt will notify staff at checkout about this and remind them to ask the customer to confirm if they wish to accept marketing. The trigger will appear only when the staff member clicks pay during the transaction and the customer does not have a recorded marketing status.
2. The staff member can either update the customer's marketing status upon verbal confirmation or click continue to complete the transition without recording an update.