Before your get started
Some key details to note about adding a discount block to your email template:
Once an email containing a Discount block has been sent and opened by the customer, Marsello will automatically create the discount in your POS and/or POS platform. The customer can then use the discount code in-store or online. Discount codes are unique and can only be used once.
Discount blocks are prebuilt into selected automated flows. These flows include:
Recover Abandoned Carts
Say Happy Birthday
Thank Frist-Time Customers
Reward Your Best Customers
Win Back Lapsed Customers
Add a discount block to your email template
📝Note: This guide uses an email campaign to illustrate how to add a discount block to an email template. Please use the same steps if adding a discount block to an email Automation.
Customize the look of the discount block
1. In your Marsello admin go to Marketing > Campaigns > Email and click Create Campaign.
2. Edit the email template.
3. In the email template content builder on the right-hand side, click the Discount content block and drag and drop it into your email template.
Your discount block button will now be displayed in your email template.
💡 Quick tip: Add a statement about your discount above the discount block to let your customers know what the discount is and get them excited to claim it. E.g. "Exclusive 10% Off. Just for you."
5. Click on the Discount content block
6. In the Content column on the right, under the General section you can adjust the following settings:
Container Padding – how much empty space is around the button
Clicking More Options allows you to adjust padding for each side individually.
Text size – the button text size
Text Color – the color of the button text linking to the product
Button Text – edit the button text
Background Color – the color of the button linking to the product
Set the discount terms and conditions
1. Click on the Discount content block in your email template
2. Scroll to the top-right part of the page, click Click here to set the discount settings
3. Select the type of discount you'd like to create
4. Enter the discount details:
Title – the name of your discount
Discount amount – the discount amount that you want to offer
5. Click Advanced options to add extra conditions of use to your discount (optional)
Discount applies to – entire order, selected products, or selected collections.
Discount expiry – how many days the discount code is valid for once the customer has received the email.
Requires a minimum purchase – Select & enter the subtotal amount you want the customer to spend to be able to use the discount code.
Terms: Add any terms you'd like your customers to abide by when using their discount code.
5. Click Create
Your discount will be added to your email template, ready for the customer to receive.
How it works – Your customers' experience
When the customer receives the email, they will be able to see your Claim Discount button on your email. Your customers can then easily click through to claim their unique discount code to use on their next purchase.
Once the customer has received the email, the expiry period on the discount will begin.