Nobody likes spam or receiving unwanted marketing communications. We want the Marsello platform to help you create valuable, personal interactions between you and your customers. Combatting spam is part of our mission to help you deliver smart, targeted marketing, designed to increase customer retention and sales.
The below guidelines are written to protect both your and Marsello's email and SMS sending reputation. Before you can send your first email campaign or SMS campaign, it will go through an approval process to ensure you adhere with these guidelines.
- 👌 Have permission: Sending unsolicited SMS or email is an offence in many countries. Always ask your customers if they wish to receive marketing communications from you.
- 📩 Message valid customers: Marsello doesn't tolerate the use of purchased, rented, scraped or borrowed lists. You should only message your own customers, verifying the validity of the email addresses and/or mobile numbers that you're sending to.
- 📝 Only great content: Don’t send anything offensive, distressing or illegal, including “get rich quick” or pyramid schemes, using the Marsello platform.
- 👍 Be authentic: Don’t mislead the recipient into thinking they’re hearing from a good friend or a very generous, long-lost relative with Swiss bank accounts.
- 🕵️♀️ Be transparent: Include an easy to use unsubscribe option (and for emails a physical address to your business) on all email and SMS campaigns.
Sender performance 📈
Bad sending practices are not just bad news for Marsello, but for your business too.
Email Performance: High bounce rates mean your emails are not reaching their intended destination. High complaint and unsubscribe rates mean customers receiving the emails aren’t happy about it.
SMS Performance: High unsubscribe rates mean customers receiving the SMS messages aren’t happy about it.
If you exceed our reasonable internal thresholds, we will be entitled to suspend your ability to send email or SMS while our delivery team investigates.
If we don’t see an improvement within a reasonable, defined period that we set, we may withdraw your access to the Marsello platform altogether.
If we feel you are misusing our products or services, we reserve the right to withdraw access to our products and services entirely.
The legal bit 📖
In compliance with applicable data, privacy, email marketing and SMS marketing laws, you must have permission from a recipient to contact them with marketing emails or SMS. If you don’t, that email or SMS may legally be deemed as spam and in violation of the law. You should ensure that your email and SMS activities always comply with these laws.
You must ensure you are meeting all your legal obligations. Don’t use Marsello's products in connection with data you don’t have permission to process.
You will fully indemnify Marsello against any and all losses we incur as a result of any personal data processed in relation to your use of the Marsello email service which breaches any applicable laws or causes us to be in breach of any such laws.
Please do make sure you’ve read and understand these documents. If we feel you are misusing our products or services, we reserve the right to withdraw access to our products and services entirely.
We know that occasionally things can go wrong and mistakes can be made. If at any time you are concerned that these guidelines may have been breached then please do notify us as soon as you become aware at email@example.com
Thanks for reading this far - we hope that Marsello can help you to increase customer retention and sales, at every stage of the customer lifecycle.