🔓 Product Category Blacklisting is unlocked on the Marsello Pro Plan.
Blacklist product categories allows you to exclude certain groups of products from your loyalty program so that customers can't earn points for purchasing those products. By default, your customers can earn points for purchasing any product.
In this article:
- Exclude specific product categories from your loyalty program
- How it works – Your customers' experience
Exclude certain product categories from your loyalty program
📝Note: Marsello uses Vend's Product Tag for Product Category Blacklisting.
1. In your Marsello admin, go to Settings
2. Under Vend Order Rewarding, go to Do not reward points on products that belong to one of these categories
3. Click to open the drop-down, then click the Product Tag that you would like to exclude from your loyalty program.
📝 Note: You can exclude as many Vend Product Tags from your loyalty program as needed.
4. Click Save
All products with that Product tag in Vend will now be excluded from your loyalty program.
How it works – Your customers' experience
When your customer makes an order, Marsello automatically checks your order rewarding settings. If the order contains a product that has been blacklisted, the customer will not earn loyalty points for purchasing that product.
If the customer has other products in their order that aren't excluded from your loyalty program, they can earn points for purchasing those products.