️ℹ️ Your first site (eCommerce or POS) is included in Marsello's Free and base Pro Plan.
🔓 Additional sites are unlocked on the Marsello Pro Plan. Learn more on pricing.
The following are step-by-step instructions on how to add a physical membership card to the customer's profile in-store with Kounta.
📝 Note: Marsello does not supply physical membership cards. You will need to ensure these are scannable cards and have a unique code.
In this article:
- How to add a physical membership card to the customer's profile
- How it works – your customers' experience
How to add a physical membership card to the customer's profile
You can add a physical membership card to the customer's profile to help add them to add to the sale faster by scanning their card.
1. Open your Kounta sale screen.
2. Add products to the sale.
3. Add the customer to the sale by searching by name or email address.
4. Then, your Marsello customer profile will display under your Kounta customer account. Click More Details.
5. Identify the customer's unique membership number or barcode on their card.
6. Enter the customer's unique membership number or scan the barcode.
📝 Note: You can have multiple customer tags in Kounta which are all searchable.
6. Click Save.
The unique membership number can now be used to identify that customer.
To identify the customer by scanning the card, the staff member must click into the search bar first, and then scan the card.
How it works – your customers' experience
If the customer has a physical membership card is set up in Kounta, the staff member clicks into the search bar and then scans their card to add them to the sale. The staff member will complete the sale as normal.
After the sale is completed, Marsello will match the customer's email address from the order allowing them to automatically earn points for their purchase.
They will receive the Earned Points email (if enabled) notifying them how many points they earned for their purchase, their new total points balance and also how far away they are from unlocking their next reward.
They can also click through to their loyalty profile to see the rewards options and additional ways to earn points.