The following are step-by-step instructions on how to add a physical membership card to the customer's profile in-store with Lightspeed Kounta POS.
📝 Note: Marsello does not supply physical membership cards. You will need to ensure these are scannable cards and have a unique code.
In this article:
- How to add a physical membership card to the customer's profile
- How it works – your customers' experience
How to add a physical membership card to the customer's profile
You can add a physical membership card to the customer's profile to help add them to add to the sale faster by scanning their card.
1. Open your Lightspeed Kounta POS sale screen.
2. Add products to the sale.
3. Add the customer to the sale by searching by name or email address.
4. Then, your Marsello customer profile will display under your Lightspeed Kounta POS customer account. Click More Details.
5. Identify the customer's unique membership number or barcode on their card.
6. Enter the customer's unique membership number or scan the barcode.
📝 Note: You can have multiple customer tags in Lightspeed Kounta POS which are all searchable.
6. Click Save.
The unique membership number can now be used to identify that customer.
To identify the customer by scanning the card, the staff member must click into the search bar first, and then scan the card.
How it works – your customers' experience
If the customer has a physical membership card is set up in Lightspeed Kounta POS, the staff member clicks into the search bar and then scan their card to add the customer to the sale.
The staff member can then check to see if the customer has any loyalty rewards or email discounts available to redeem, or complete the sale as normal.
After the order is completed, the customer will automatically earn points for their purchase. The customer will then receive the Earned Points email (if enabled) notifying them how many points they earned for their purchase, their new total points balance and also how far away they are from unlocking their next reward.