Kounta Redemption: When a customer has earned enough points to redeem a loyalty reward or has claimed a discount code sent via email marketing, they can redeem the discount code in-store by telling the staff member at checkout.
In this article:
- Types of discounts you can create with Kounta
- How staff redeem discounts in Kounta via Kounta customer profile
The following are step-by-step instructions on how to redeem the customer's loyalty reward or email discounts within the Kounta sales screen. Redeeming discounts at POS is easy and only takes a matter of seconds.
️Types of rewards you can create with Kounta
These are the discount types that you can create with Kounta:
✨ $ off storewide (most common)
✨ % off storewide (most common)
✨ Free Product
✨ $ off a specific product
✨ % off a specific product
✨ $ off a specific product category
✨ % off a specific product category
✨ $ off when the customer's minimum spend is over $X
✨ % off when the customer's minimum spend is over $X
Learn more: Types of loyalty rewards & email discounts that you can create.
How staff redeem discounts in Kounta via Kounta customer profile
You can redeem available loyalty rewards and email discounts directly from the customer's profile on Kounta.
1. Add the customer's products that they want to buy to the sale
2. Click Add Customer, then searching for them by name or email address.
3. Click on their name to open their profile.
In the customer's Kounta account, you can see their loyalty & marketing profile.
4. If the customer has a loyalty reward or email discount available, the staff member can click redeem next to the discount title to add it to the sale
The discount will then automatically be added to the sale.
If the customer redeemed a discount as part of their order, then:
- If they redeemed a loyalty reward, the loyalty points cost of that reward will be removed from their loyalty points balance at the same time that the discount is added to the sale. The customer's unique discount code will be displayed as part of the discount's details.
- OR If they redeemed an email discount, the discount code will be removed from their account ensuring that they cannot use it again. The customer's unique discount code will be displayed as part of the discount's details.
5. Complete the sale
Once the sale has been completed, the customer will earn loyalty points for their purchase.