️ℹ️ Your first site (eCommerce or POS) is included in Marsello's Free and base Pro Plan. To use Marsello on your Kounta POS, please enable the required sites under the Integrations page.
🔓 Additional sites are unlocked on the Marsello Pro Plan. Learn more on pricing.
The following are step-by-step instructions on how to reward the customer loyalty points for their purchase with Kounta.
In this article:
- How to reward points for in-store purchases
- How it works – your customers' experience
Tips for success
How to reward loyalty points for in-store purchases
All you need to do is add the customer to the sale and points will be rewarded automatically.
1. Add the customer's products that they want to purchase to the sale.
2. Add the customer to the sale by searching for them by name or email address.
📝Note: If the customer is not part of your Loyalty program yet, tap New Customer to create a new customer. Learn more.
3. Complete the sale.
The customer will then automatically receive points for their purchase.
💡Quick Tip: Make the experience of earning loyalty points exciting for your customers. This will encourage them to be more engaged with your loyalty program and get them excited to unlock their next reward.
How it works – Your customers' experience
At POS, the staff member will ask for the customer's name or email address to add them to the sale, along with the items they'd like to purchase.
After the sale is completed, the customer will automatically earn points for their purchase.
They will receive the Earned Points email (if enabled) notifying them how many points they earned for their purchase, their new total points balance and also how far away they are from unlocking their next reward.
They can also click through to their loyalty profile to see the rewards options and additional ways to earn points.
How to see how many points the customer earned in your Marsello admin
Every time a customer makes a purchase, the order is automatically synced to the customer's profile in Marsello. If you have the Making a Purchase earn points option enabled, customers will also earn points for their purchase.
1. In your Marsello Admin, go to Customers
2. Search for the customer by name or email address
3. Click the customer's name to open their profile
4. Under the customer's profile, look to the Orders section
Under the Orders, you can see the customer's order history and information on each order, including:
- Order ID: This is the unique ID that Kounta uses to identify the customer's order, this is also hyperlinked to the order in your Kounta Back Office
- Grand Total: The total amount of the order
- Points Awarded: The number of points the customer earned for their order
- Points Calculation: How Marsello determines the number of points that the customer earns for their order. Marsello uses your Order Rewarding Settings to determine if the customer should earn points for their order and how many. Learn more.