If you're not quite ready to leave Mailchimp (or you want to take some extra time to move all your email automations and campaigns over to Marsello), you can automatically sync your Shopify customer data to Mailchimp on Marsello's Free plan (up to 1000 customers free).
In this article:
- How to connect your Mailchimp account
- Select the loyalty program and customer segment data to sync
- Connection FAQ
Connecting your Mailchimp account
1. In your Marsello admin navigation, go to Integrations
2. Under Email Marketing, you'll see Mailchimp, click View
3. In the Mailchimp Integration page, click Connect your Mailchimp Account
Here, you will see the 12 different loyalty program and customer segment data that can be synced to Mailchimp.
4. Log in to your Mailchimp account to connect your account to Marsello
Select the loyalty program and customer segment data to sync
1. Click Create new list or choose one of your current Mailchimp lists from the drop-down
Creating a new list, will automatically create a new list in your Mailchimp account to sync your loyalty program & customer segment data into.
1a. If you choose to create a new Mailchimp list, simply enter the required information and click Save
2. Choose up to 12 loyalty program and customer segment data to sync to your Mailchimp account. To select the fields, simply click on the tick-box.
3. Click Save
Your selected loyalty program and customer segment data will now start syncing to your Mailchimp account every 30 minutes.
I have received an error message saying I’ve exceeded for my customer list?
Mailchimp only allows 30 fields in total to be in Mailchimp list. This means that Marsello is unable to sync all of your chosen customer fields into your Mailchimp list.
To learn more about Mailchimps list settings and how to review your fields see their support article: Manage List and Signup For Fields.
In particular, see the section titled: Delete a Field in the List Settings
Create a new Mailchimp list for your Marsello customer database to be synced in to. This will ensure that you have enough space to sync all of your customer fields.
To do this simply:
1. Navigate back to the Mailchimp page in the Marsello breadcrumb
2. Click edit next to the Mailchimp list named: “Your list name”
3. Click Create new list
4. Enter the required information to create a new Mailchimp list including:
- List name
- Sender name
- Sender email
- Email permission reminder
4. Click Create