🔓 Automation is unlocked for Marsello Pro accounts.
Win back customers with an automated email flow when they haven't been to your store in a while. Optimize your flow for performance by adjusting the content of emails, adding or removing emails and adjusting delays.
In this article:
- The default win back lapsed customers email flow
- Adding emails and delays to your flow
- Modify trigger, delay and email blocks
- Remove or change a discount block
The default win back customers email flow
To access the Win Back Lapsed Customers email flow:
- In Marsello, navigate to Marketing > Automation
2. Click on Win Back Lapsed Customers
The default flow for Win back Lapsed Customers:
- The flow is triggered when it has been 60 days since a customer placed their last order and has not returned
- The first email is sent, prompting the customer to return by showing off products from your store
- If first email does not result in a purchase, a second email is sent after a delay of 7 days with an incentive 15% off coupon code
- A third email will follow after 7 days letting the customer know their coupon will expire in 2 days
- The email flow will then finish and the customer will exit the automation
📝Note: the customer will also exit this automation if they make a purchase after entering this flow
Adding emails and delays to your flow
1. On the Email Flows page, click Edit next to Win Back Lapsed Customers
💡Tip: If you are already on the Win Back Lapsed Customers preview page, click Actions > Edit
2. Click the ⨁ icon to insert an email or delay into your flow
3. Select Email or Delay to add it to your flow
Modify trigger, delay and email blocks
Here you can adjust the blocks and ordering of your email flow. Monitor flow performance and continue to make improvements to get the best results!
In addition to adding new emails and delays, you can:
- Edit trigger settings
- Adjust, clone or delete delays
- Edit, clone or delete email templates
The Trigger dictates when the email flow is initiated
1. Click the settings icon to update the trigger settings
2. Set how long after the last order that the email flow begin
Click Save to confirm changes
A Delay is the period of time between when one email sends and the next email in the flow will send
1. Click the pencil icon to update the Delay settings
2. Select how much time to wait before the next email in the flow will send
Click Save to confirm changes
3. Click the copy icon to clone the Delay block
4. Click the trash icon to delete the Delay block
Email templates create the content and messaging of the emails that are sent to your customers
1. Click the pencil icon to edit the email template
> Find out more about editing your email templates here
2. Click the copy icon to clone the email template
3. Click the trash icon to delete the email template
How to remove or change the discount block in an email
If you would like to update a discount on your Automated Email Flows, you will need to remove it in two places.
⚠️ Important: If you want to remove a discount from an Automated Email Flow, you will need to repeat the below steps for each email template within an email flow that contains a discount.
📝 Note: If the customer has already claimed a unique discount code from the automated email flow, they will still be able to redeem the discount code.
Remove the discount from the email settings
1. Open the email template that you want to remove the discount from
2. Click on the Discount content block
3. Scroll to the top of the page, next to the discount information, click Remove
4. Click Yes, remove discount to confirm that you want to delete this discount from the email template.
The discount will then be removed from the email template.
Remove the discount content block from the email template
1. Click on the Discount content block
2. Click the tash can icon below the discount content block
3. Click Delete to confirm and remove the discount content block from the email template.
The discount content block will then be removed from the email template.
Add a discount block to your email template
1. In the email template content builder on the right-hand side, click the Discount content block to drag and drop it in the position you want within your email template.
Your discount block placeholder will now show in your email template.
💡 Quick tip: Add a statement about your discount above the discount block to let your customers' know what the discount is and get them excited to claim it. E.g. "Exclusive 10% Off. Just for you."
2. Click on the Discount content block in your email template.
3. In the Content column on the right, under General section you can adjust the following settings:
- Container Padding – how much empty-space is around the button
Clicking More Options allows you to adjust padding for each side individually.
- Text size – the button text size
- Text Color – the color of the button text linking to the product
- Button Text – edit the button text
- Background Color – the color of the button linking to the product
Edit the Discount settings
1. Click on the Discount content block in your email template
2. Scroll to the top of the page, click Click here to set the discount settings
Add the details of your discount:
3. Select the type of discount you'd like to create
4. Enter the discount's details:
- Title – the name of your discount
- Discount amount – the discount amount that you want to offer
5. Click Advanced options to add extra conditions of use to your discount (optional)
- Discount applies to – entire order, selected products or selected collections. (Note: product and collection specific discounts are online only)
- Discount expiry – how many days the discount code is valid for once the customer has claimed it.
- Requires a minimum purchase (online only) – Select & enter the subtotal amount you want the member to spend to be able to use the discount code.
- Terms: Add any terms you'd like your customers to abide by when using their discount code.
5. Click Save
Your discount will be added to your email template, ready for the customer to receive.
If you need a hand, please let us know via the chat icon on the bottom-right or send us an email to email@example.com.