🔓 Campaigns & Automations are unlocked on the Marsello Pro Plan.
Discount is a content block that you can drag-and-drop into your campaign or automated email flow template. It will allow you to create a discount to encourage your customers to shop.
📝 Note: Discount codes are unique and can only be used once. Discount codes will be automatically generated through Marsello.
The following automated email flows include discount block by default:
- Recover Abandoned Carts
- Say Happy Birthday
- Thank First-Time Customers
- Reward Your Best Customers
- Win Back Lapsed Customers
📝 Note: If you want to change one of the default discount codes in an automated email flow, you will first need to remove the discount from all email templates.
Keep reading: How to remove a discount from an email template
In this article:
- Add a discount block to your email template
- Edit the discount settings
Add a discount block to your email template
📝 Note: An email campaign is used for this example.
2. Click New Campaign & complete the Campaign settings.
3. Click Next Step to edit an email template.
4. In the email template content builder on the right-hand side, click the Discount content block to drag and drop it in the position you want within your email template.
Your discount block placeholder will now show in your email template.
💡 Quick tip: Add a statement about your discount above the discount block to let your customers' know what the discount is and get them excited to claim it. E.g. "Exclusive 10% Off. Just for you."
5. Click on the Discount content block in your email template.
6. In the Content column on the right, under General section you can adjust the following settings:
Container Padding – how much empty-space is around the button
Clicking More Options allows you to adjust padding for each side individually.
- Text size – the button text size
- Text Color – the color of the button text linking to the product
- Button Text – edit the button text
- Background Color – the color of the button linking to the product
Edit the Discount settings
1. Click on the Discount content block in your email template
2. Scroll to the top of the page, click Click here to set the discount settings
Add the details of your discount:
3. Select the type of discount you'd like to create
4. Enter the discount's details:
- Title – the name of your discount
- Discount amount – the discount amount that you want to offer
5. Click Advanced options to add extra conditions of use to your discount (optional)
- Discount applies to – entire order, selected products or selected collections. (Note: product and collection specific discounts are online only)
- Discount expiry – how many days the discount code is valid for once the customer has claimed it.
- Requires a minimum purchase (online only) – Select & enter the subtotal amount you want the member to spend to be able to use the discount code.
- Terms: Add any terms you'd like your customers to abide by when using their discount code.
5. Click Save
Your discount will be added to your email template, ready for the customer to receive.
How it works – Your customers' experience
When the customer receives the email, they will be able to see your Claim Code button on your email. Your customers can then easily click through to claim their unique discount code to use on their next purchase.