When you connect your POS and/or eCommerce store to Marsello, your customer database will be automatically synced into Marsello. You can also honour your customers current loyalty points on your old loyalty program by importing them into Marsello in a few simple steps.
In this article:
- Export your customers and their loyalty points from your old loyalty program
- Format your customer database CSV file ready to import
- Import your customers loyalty points balances into Marsello
Export your customers and their loyalty points from your old loyalty program
In your existing loyalty program you will need to export your customer database including their loyalty points balance, if this isn't available from the App, you may need to reach out to their support team.
This export needs to include your customers'
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Points balance
Format your customer database CSV file ready to import
To import your customer database and their points into Marsello, you will need to first format your CSV file.
1. Open your customer database export file
2. Edit your CSV. export format, ready for the Marsello CSV importer. Make the following changes:
- Delete all columns except for First Name, Last Name, Email Address & Current Points Balance
- Update the column header text to be:
First Name → Firstname
Last Name → Lastname
Email Address → Email
Current Points Balance → Points
- Ensure the columns are in this order:
The final spreadsheet should look like this:
3. Save your changes as a CSV. file, with a name that's easy to find
Import your customers loyalty points balances into Marsello
1. In your Marsello admin, go to your Customers Page
2. Click Actions, then click Import customers from the drop-down
3. In the pop-up:
- Select Add points to customers' existing points balance
- Click Choose File and select your formatted CSV. file
️⚠️ Important: If you are importing new customers who aren't already in your Marsello list, you are also confirming that they all accept marketing. Please remove any customers who don’t accept marketing from your CSV before importing.
6. Click Confirm & start import
Your CSV. will start to import into Marsello.
📝 Note: This import may take a 10-20 minutes, depending on the size of your database.
If you need a hand, please let us know at email@example.com or via the chat icon at the bottom right of your screen.