️ℹ️ Your first site (eCommerce or POS) is included in Marsello's Free and base Pro Plan.
🔓 Additional sites are unlocked on the Marsello Pro Plan. Learn more on pricing.
The following are step-by-step instructions on how to add a new customer to your loyalty program in-store with your Shopify POS.
In this article:
- How to add a new customer to your loyalty program
- How it works – your customers' experience
- Tips for success
How to add a new customer to your loyalty program
To add a new customer to your loyalty program, all your need to do is add the customer to the sale in your Shopify POS.
1. Add products to the sale.
2. Tap Select customer.
2. Tap the Plus (+) icon to create a new customer.
3. Enter the customer's First Name, Last Name, Email Address.
📝Note: This is the only required information for your customers to be added to your loyalty program.
You can also collect the customer's Mobile number (optional), this will sync through to the customer's Marsello profile.
6. Ask the customer if they want to receive your store's email marketing (e.g. emails on upcoming sales, newsletters etc).
- If yes: Check that the Accept Marketing toggle is set to ON
- If not: Check that the Accept Marketing toggle is set to OFF
📝 Note: Marsello's email marketing features will always respect this accepts marketing setting. The customer will only receive email marketing if the accept marketing toggle is ON.
7. Tap Save. The customer will then be added to the sale.
8. Complete the sale
The customer will then be added to both Shopify and Marsello as a customer and will automatically earn loyalty points for their purchase.
How it works – your customers' experience
At POS, the staff member will ask for the customer's name or email address to add them to the sale, along with the items they'd like to purchase.
After the sale is completed, the customer will automatically earn points for their purchase.
They will receive the Earned Points email (if enabled) notifying them how many points they earned for their purchase, their total points balance and also how far away they are from unlocking their next reward.
They can also click through to their loyalty profile to see the rewards options and additional ways to earn points.
Tips for success
- Ask every customer who shops if they want to join your loyalty program.
- Let your customers know about your rewards to get them excited about joining, "Earn 1 point for every $1 you spend and unlock exciting rewards".