🔓Customer Blacklisting is unlocked on the Marsello Pro Plan.
Blacklisting customers allows you to exclude certain customer groups from your loyalty program. By default, all customers are included in your loyalty program.
📝 Note: Blacklisted customers can still be part of your email marketing list.
In this article:
- Create a customer group in BigCommerce
- Exclude a customer group from your loyalty program
- How it works – Your customers' experience
Create a customer group in BigCommerce
📝 Note: If you already have a customer group that you would like to exclude, please skip ahead to the next section.
1. In your BigCommerce admin, go to the Customers, and click Customer Groups
2. On the Customer Groups page, click Create a Customer Group
3. Name your group, e.g. Loyalty Blacklist - Staff
4. Click Save & Exit
Your customer group will now be created in your BigCommerce account.
5. In the Customers nav, Click View to return to your customer list.
6. Search for the customer by name or email address
7. Next to the Customer, click No group to open the drop-down, then select your new customer group
8. Click Save to assign that customer to the group
Repeat this for all of the customers that you would like to exclude from your loyalty program.
📖 Learn more: Setting up customer groups in BigCommerce
Exclude a customer group from your loyalty program
1. In your Marsello app admin, go to Settings
2. Under Order Rewarding, go to Exclude customers that are tagged with one of:
3. Start to enter the customer group name, then select your Customer group
4. Click Save
Now, customers in this BigCommerce customer group will be excluded from your loyalty program. They will not earn points when they make a purchase.
📝 Note: If you want to add the customer back into your loyalty program in the future, just remove them from the customer group in BigCommerce.