🔓Customer Blacklisting is unlocked on the Marsello Pro Plan.
Blacklisting customers allows you to exclude certain customer groups from your loyalty program. By default, all customers are included in your loyalty program.
📝 Note: Blacklisted customers can still be part of your email marketing list.
In this article:
- Create a customer group in Shopify
- Exclude a customer group from your loyalty program
- How it works – Your customers' experience
Create a customer group in Shopify
1. In your Shopify admin, go to Customers
2. Under All Customers, select the customer(s) you would like to exclude
3. Click Bulk Actions, then click Add Tags
5. Name your tag, e.g. Loyalty Blacklist - Staff, then click Apply Changes
Your customer tag will now be created in your Shopify account.
📖 Learn more: Customer tagging in Shopify
Exclude a customer group from your loyalty program
1. In your Marsello app admin, go to Settings
2. Under Order Rewarding, go to Exclude customers that are tagged with one of:
3. Click to open the drop-down, then click the Shopify Customer tag
4. Click Save
Now, customers in this Shopify customer group will be excluded from your loyalty program. They will not earn points when they make a purchase.
📝 Note: If you want to add the customer back into your loyalty program in the future, just remove them from the customer group in Shopify.