🔓 Product Collection Blacklisting is unlocked on the Marsello Pro Plan.
Blacklist product collection allows you to exclude certain groups of products from your loyalty program so that customers can't earn points for purchasing those products. By default, your customers can earn points for purchasing any product.
📝Note: Marsello uses Shopify's Product Collection ID for Product Collection Blacklisting.
In this article:
- How to find a Collection ID in Shopify
- Exclude a specific product collection from your loyalty program
- How it works – Your customers' experience
How to find a Collection ID in Shopify
1. In your Shopify Admin, go to Products
2. Under Collections, click into the collection you would like to exclude
2. In the URL of your Collection, copy the ending 9 or 10 digit number
This is your Collection's unique ID code.
Repeat this for all of the Product Collections that you would like to exclude from your loyalty program.
Exclude a specific product collection from your loyalty program
1. In your Marsello admin, go to Settings
2. Under Shopify Order Rewarding, go to Do not reward points on products that belong to one of these collections (Collection IDs):
3. Enter your Collection ID (9 digit number) in the text box, and click Add
📝 Note: You can exclude as many Product Collections from your loyalty program as needed. Simply add in each Collection ID one at a time.
5. Click Save
All products in that Product Collection in Shopify will now be excluded from your loyalty program.
📝 Note: The first time a new collection ID is into your settings, it can take up to 10 minutes to process.
How it works – Your customers' experience
When your customer makes an order, Marsello automatically checks your order rewarding settings. If the order contains a product that has been blacklisted, the customer will not earn loyalty points for purchasing that product.
If the customer has other products in their order that aren't excluded from your loyalty program, they can earn points for purchasing those products.