🔓 Product Blacklisting is unlocked on the Marsello Pro Plan.
Product tag blacklisting allows you to exclude certain groups of products from your loyalty program so that customers can't earn points for purchasing those products. By default, your customers can earn points for purchasing any product.
📝 Note: With Shopify, there are two ways you can blacklist products. You can blacklist by Product Collection or by Product Tag. If you would like to blacklist by Product Collection, please follow these instructions.
In this article:
- Create a product tag in Shopify
- Exclude products with a specific product tag from your loyalty program
- How it works – Your customers' experience
Create a product tag in Shopify
1. In your Shopify Admin, go to Products
2. Under All Products, select the product(s) you would like to exclude
3. Click Bulk Actions, then click Add Tags
5. Name your tag, e.g. Loyalty Blacklist, then click Apply Changes
Your product tag will now be created in your Shopify account.
📖 Learn more: Shopify tags.
Exclude products with a specific product tag from your loyalty program
1. In your Marsello admin, go to Settings
2. Under Shopify Order Rewarding, go to Do not reward points on products that are tagged with one of:
3. Click to open the drop-down, then click the Product Tag that you would like to exclude from your loyalty program
📝 Note: You can exclude as many Shopify Product Tags from your loyalty program as needed.
4. Click Save
All products with that Product tag in Shopify will now be excluded from your loyalty program.
📝 Note: If you want to add the product back into your loyalty program in the future, just remove the tag from the product in Shopify.
How it works – Your customers' experience
When your customer makes an order, Marsello automatically checks your order rewarding settings. If the order contains a product that has been blacklisted, the customer will not earn loyalty points for purchasing that product.
If the customer has other products in their order that aren't excluded from your loyalty program, they can earn points for purchasing those products.