🔓 Product Blacklisting is unlocked on the Marsello Pro Plan.
Product tag blacklisting allows you to exclude certain products from your loyalty program so that customers can't earn points for purchasing that product(s).
By default, your customers can earn points for purchasing any product.
📝 Note: With Shopify, there are two ways you can blacklist products. You can blacklist by Product Collection or by Product Tag. If you would like to blacklist by Product Collection, please follow these instructions.
In this article:
- Create a product tag in Shopify
- Exclude products with a specific product tag from your loyalty program
- How it works – Your customers' experience
Create a product tag in Shopify
1. In your Shopify Admin, go to Products
2. Under All Products, select the product(s) you would like to exclude
3. Click Bulk Actions, then click Add Tags
4. Name your tag, e.g. Loyalty Blacklist, then click Apply Changes
Your product tag will now be created in your Shopify account.
📖 Learn more: Shopify tags.
How to exclude specific products with a product tag from your loyalty program
1. In your Marsello admin, go to Settings
2. Under Shopify Order Rewarding, go to Do not reward points on products that are tagged with one of:
3. Click to open the drop-down, then click the Product Tag(s) that you would like to exclude from your loyalty program
📝 Note: If you have just added the product tag, it can take 15mins to sync into Marsello settings. You can exclude as many Shopify Product Tags from your loyalty program as needed.
4. Click Save
All products with that Shopify product tag will now be excluded from your loyalty program.
📝 Note: If you want to add the product back into your loyalty program in the future, just remove the tag from the product in Shopify.
How it works – Your customers' experience
If the customer's purchase includes a product that is in the blacklisted product list the customer will not earn points for that particular product.
In your Marsello admin, under the customer's profile, this will show as a line item in the points calculation.
📝 Note: If the customer has other products that are not a part of the blacklisted products, the customer can still earn points for those products.