In this article:
- 'Making a Purchase' earning points settings
- Choose when customers points are removed
- How to check the order's payment status in Shopify
- How it works – Your customers' experience
Making a Purchase earning points settings
Every time a customer makes a purchase, their order is automatically synced to Marsello. If you have the Making a Purchase earn points option enabled, your customers will also earn points for their purchase.
If the customer wants to cancel or return their order, Marsello can automatically remove the points they earned for their purchase.
Under the Loyalty program settings, you can see when loyalty points are removed. By default, your customers' loyalty points are removed when if their order's payment status is Refunded.
Choose when customers' loyalty points are removed
1. In your Marsello admin, go to Settings
2. Under Shopify Order Rewarding, click Cancel Points when Payment Status is one of:
3. From the drop-down, click to add or remove your preferred Payment Status option(s)
📝 Note: You can choose to add more than one payment status. If you have selected the Partially Refunded option, points will only be removed for the product value that was refunded.
4. Click Save
How to check the order's payment status in Shopify
1. In your Shopify Admin, go to Orders
2. Search for the order by Customer Name or Order ID
3. On the order line item, you can see the order's Payment Status
How it works – Your customers' experience
When the customer returns their order or the sale is canceled, their order and the order's updated payment status are automatically synced to your Marsello account.
If the order's new payment status matches your Marsello Order Rewarding settings, the customer's loyalty points will automatically be removed from their loyalty profile.