Every time a customer makes a purchase, their order is automatically synced to Marsello. If you have the Making a Purchase earn points option enabled, customers, will also earn points for their purchase.
Under the Loyalty program settings, you can choose when loyalty points are earned, removed and when points are not rewarded.
By default, your customers will earn loyalty points for their purchase if their order's payment status is: Paid
In this article:
- Choose when customers earn points for making a purchase
- How to check the order's payment status in Shopify
- How it works – Your customers' experience
Choose when customers earn points for making a purchase
1. In your Marsello admin, go to Settings
2. Under Vend Order Rewarding, click Reward Points when Payment Status is one of:
3. From the drop-down, click to add or remove your preferred Payment Status options
📝 Note: You can choose to add more than one payment status. Your customers will only be rewarded loyalty points for their purchase once.
4. Optional: Click And when Fulfilment Status is one of: if you also want to check the order's fulfilment status before loyalty points can be earned. In the drop-down, you can click to add or remove your preferred Fulfilment Status options.
📝 Note: You can leave the fulfilment status blank if you prefer points to be earned on payment status alone.
5. Click Save
How to check the order's payment status in Shopify
1. In your Shopify Admin, go to Orders
2. Search for the order by Customer Name or Order ID
3. On the order line item, you can see the order's Payment Status (& Fulfilment Status)
How it works – Your customers' experience
When the customer makes a purchase, their order details and payment status are automatically synced into your Marsello account.
If the order's payment status matches your Marsello Order Rewarding settings, the customer will automatically earn points for their order.
If you have the Earned Points Email notification turned on, the customer will also receive an email notifying them of how many points they earned for their purchase.