🔓 Product Reviews are unlocked on the Marsello Pro Plan.
Rewarding points for product reviews is a great way to engage customers in your loyalty program and boost the reputation of your products at the same time.
📝 Note: To reward customers for product reviews, Shopify's free Product Review App is required.
In this article:
- How to set your 'product review' points reward
- How it works - your customers' experience
Common questions this article will help answer:
• How can I reward points for product reviews?
• How do my customers earn points for product reviews?
• How can I edit the amount of points my customers earn for leaving product reviews?
How to set your 'product review' points reward
1. In your Marsello admin, under Loyalty, go to Earning Points & Referrals.
2. Next to Product Reviews, turn the toggle to ON and click Edit
3. Under Product Reviews, enter the number of loyalty points you would like to reward your customers for leaving a review on one of your products
4. Under What's the maximum number of reviews a customer can be rewarded for:
- Enter the number of times a customer can be rewarded for leaving a review within the timeframe you specify
- Then choose a frequency from the drop-down
- Add the minimum number of characters required in the review before the customer will be rewarded points.
This is optional and defaulted to 0.
5. Click Save
📝 Note: In order to match the review to the customer, they will need to enter their email address when leaving a review. This is also really handy for you, as it means if anyone is unhappy, you have their email address to go back to them and make it right. To enable the email address on product reviews, simply go to your Review App settings: Under Review form text and make sure Author's email is required.
How it works - your customers' experience
When a customer logs in to their account and visits the Earn tab of your loyalty widget, they will see your Review a product action. This is not a button, instead it tells them the amount of loyalty points they will earn for reviews, and the frequency that they can earn points.
Customers can then leave reviews on products in your store via the Shopify Product Reviews app.
Then they will be rewarded loyalty points accordingly. If a customer continues to leave additional reviews, they will only receive points the number of times you have specified in your settings.
If you have your Earned Points email notification turned on, your customer will also receive an email notifying them about the points they earned for the review.
> How to update your Earned Points email notifications
Track the performance of the product reviews with Shopify
Once you've set-up how many points your customers earn for leaving a product review using Shopify's Product Review App, you can track the progress. Here's how:
1. In your Earning Points tab > Product Reviews
2. Click See Activity
This will open the insight page. Here you can see:
- Customers who completed this action
- The Shopify product ID of the reviewed product
- Their reviews star rating
- Their reviews heading
- Their reviews description
- The amount of points they've earned
- The date they completed the action