Enabling your customers to earn points for sharing your store on Facebook is a great way to advertise your store to new potential customers and get your existing customers involved in your Loyalty Program at the same time.
Common questions this article will answer:
• How can I encourage my customers to share my store on Facebook?
• How do customers earn points for sharing my store on Facebook?
In this article:
- How to set reward points for sharing on Facebook
- How it works - Your customers' experience
- Track the performance of the sharing on Facebook option
How to set reward points for sharing on Facebook
1. In your Marsello admin, under Loyalty, go to Earning Points & Referrals.
2. Under Sharing on Facebook, click Edit
📝 Note: Make sure that Sharing on Facebook is toggled to on to be able to edit this.
4. Under How many points should be given? enter an amount, based on how much you value this action.
5. Under Share URL, add the URL that you would like for your customers to share, for example: a link to your online store
💡 Quick Tip: This doesn't always have to be your store URL.
If you're launching new season stock, you could use your new season collection page as your Share URL or share your loyalty program link, by adding /?loyal to the end of your store URL.
If you have a custom URL for your Shopify site (i.e. doesn't have .myshopify.com in it) you should use this to create your loyalty link. It will be more clear for visitors and is likely to pull imagery from your website into the social post.
6. Click Save
How it works - Your customers' experience
When your customers log in to their account and visit the Earn tab of your loyalty widget, they will see your Share us on Facebook earn option.
Here, they can click Share us on Facebook which will open a post, pre-populated with your Share URL. All they need to do is add an optional message and click Post. Once they've posted successfully, they'll receive their points right away.
📝 Note: Customers can only get rewarded for sharing on Facebook once. After this action has been completed, the earn option will be removed from their Loyalty Widget.
Track the performance of the sharing on Facebook option
Once you've set-up how many points your customers earn for sharing your store on Facebook, you can track the progress. Here's how:
1. In your Earning Points tab > Sharing on Facebook
2. Click See Activity
This will open the insight page. Here you can see:
- Customers who completed this action
- The amount of points they've earned
- The date they completed the action