Creating a tabless loyalty program allows you to remove the loyalty tab from your online store. You can then use your unique loyalty program link to allow your customers to access their loyalty profile in other ways, for example, through your stores navigation, a loyalty banner etc.
📝 Note: You can update both the loyalty tab position and visibility under Loyalty tab design. For example, if you would like to have the tab on your online store, but hide your loyalty tab on mobile devices you can.
In this article:
- Creating a tabless program
1. Turn your loyalty tab off
2. Create your unique loyalty program link
- Add your loyalty program to your site navigation
- How it works - your customers' experience
- Tabless program examples
Creating a tabless program
Turn off your loyalty tab
1. In your Marsello admin, go to Loyalty > Loyalty Widget
2. Click on the toggle to switch the loyalty tab off
This will remove your loyalty tab from your online store.
No Toggle? No problem, here's how to turn off your Tab
- In your Marsello admin, go to Loyalty > Loyalty Widget
- Click on Tab
- Click on Tab Visibility
- Select None to turn off your tab
📝 Note: If you are on the Beta Widget, you can update both the loyalty tab position and visibility under Loyalty tab design. For example, if you would like to have the tab on your online store, but hide your loyalty tab on mobile devices you can.
Create your unique loyalty program link
To create a tabless loyalty program, you'll need to first create your unique loyalty program link.
1. Go to your online store's homepage
2. At the end of the URL, Add /?loyal
💡 Pro Tip: You can have this on any page on your website, as long as it has the /?loyal at the end of the URL.
4. Press Enter to open your loyalty widget on your online store.
5. Copy your loyalty program link
You can now use this loyalty program link on your online store to create a tabless program.
Add your loyalty program to your online store's navigation
One way you can create a tabless program is by adding your unique loyalty program link to your store's navigation.
1. In your Shopify admin, click Online Store
2. Click Navigation
3. Click the menu you'd like to add your loyalty program to, e.g. Main Menu
4. Under Main Menu, click Add menu item
5. Enter the name of your menu item, e.g. Rewards, Loyalty Club, VIP
6. Under Link, paste your unique loyalty program link
7. Click Add, and then Save Menu
How it works - Your customers' experience
Your new loyalty program menu item will then show on your chosen website navigation, e.g. Main Menu.
When a visitor clicks VIP club your loyalty widget will open. New customers can join your loyalty program and existing members can login to check their points balance, earn points and redeem rewards.
💡 Pro Tip: Make sure that your loyalty program is visible and clearly labelled so that customers can find it. You may even choose to have links on both top and bottom navigation bars, and button links throughout the site so it's easily accessible.