By default, your loyalty program includes a loyalty program tab for customers to access your loyalty widget.
Creating a tabless program allows you to remove the tab from your online store, and instead, link to your loyalty program in your navigation menu, a loyalty section with an image, or anywhere else on your site.
📝 Note: If you are not using a BigCommerce Stencil theme, first make sure you have installed your loyalty widget by following this guide.
In this article:
- Creating a tabless program
1. Turn your loyalty tab off
2. Create your unique loyalty program link
3. Add your loyalty program to your site navigation
- How it works - your customers' experience
Creating a tabless program
Part 1: Turn your loyalty tab off
1. In your Marsello admin, go to Loyalty > Loyalty Widget
2. Switch Add your loyalty widget tab to your eCommerce store to OFF.
This will remove your loyalty tab from your online store.
3. Click Save & Publish
Part 2: Create your unique loyalty program link
To create a tabless loyalty program, you'll need to first create a loyalty program link.
1. Go to your online store's homepage
2. Click at the end of the URL
3. Add /?loyal to the end of the URL
4. Press Enter
Your online store will then show with your loyalty widget open.
This URL is your loyalty program link. Make sure you keep this link handy for the next step.
💡 Pro Tip: You can have this on any page on your website, as long as it has the /?loyal at the end of the URL.
Part 3: Add your loyalty program to your site navigation
📝 Note: This is one option for adding your loyalty program to your website without a tab. We encourage you to be creative and think of the best way your loyalty program will fit into your unique site design.
1. In your BigCommerce admin, go to Storefront. Under Storefront, go to Web Pages
2. Click on Create a Web Page
3. Under Web Site Link, select This Page Will: Link to another website or document
4. Under Web Page Details, add a Page Name, and paste your unique loyalty program link (that you created in the previous step)
5. Click Save & Exit
How it works - Your customers' experience
Your new loyalty program menu item will then show on your chosen website navigation, e.g. Main Menu.
When a visitor clicks Loyalty Program, your loyalty widget will open. New customers can join your loyalty program and existing customers can login to check their points balance, earn points and redeem rewards.
💡 Pro Tip: Make sure that your loyalty program is visible and clearly labelled so that customers can find it. You may even choose to have links on both top and bottom navigation bars, and button links throughout the site so it's easily accessible.