By default, your members earn 1 point for every $1 they spend.
In this article:
- Update how many loyalty points members earn for making a purchase
- How it works - your members' experience
- Track the performance of the making a purchase option
Update how many loyalty points members earn for making a purchase
1. In your Marsello admin, go to Earning Points
2. Under Making a purchase
3. Click Edit
4. Enter the number of points and per $ spend values you want to reward your members
📝 Note: This amount must be greater than zero.
5. Click Save
How it works - your customers' experience
Every time a customer makes a purchase they will earn your chosen number of loyalty points per $ spent.
- 1 Point for every $1 spent, e.g. $40 = 40 points
- 2 Points for every $1 spent, e.g. $40 = 80 points
- 5 Points for every $1 spent, e.g. $40 = 200 points
If you have your Earned Points Email notification turned on, your loyalty member will also receive an email notifying them of how many points they earned for their purchase.
Additionally, the next time they log in to your loyalty widget, they will see their new loyalty point balance and all rewards available.
Track the performance of the making a purchase option
Once you've set-up how many points your members earn per purchase, you can track the progress. Here's how:
1. In your Earning Points tab > Making a Purchase
2. Click See Activity
This will open the insight page. Here you can see:
- Members who completed this action
- Their Shopify order number for that purchase
- The amount of points they've earned
- The date they completed the action