If the customer is unable to redeem a discount code for any reason, and the staff member manually adds a discount to the sale, you can easily delete the discount code from the customer’s account.
In this article:
- How to delete the customer's unique discount code
If you don't know the customer's discount code:
- Find the customer's unique reward discount code
How to delete the customer's unique discount code
You'll need the customer's unique discount code, if you don't know this, please follow the instructions in the below sections first.
⚠️ Important: Deleting a discount code is permanent, and cannot be undone.
1. In your Marsello Admin, navigate to https://app.marsello.com/Manage/Rewards/DeleteDiscountCode
2. Paste the unique discount code in the text box and click search
3. Double check over the discount code details to make sure that you are deleting the correct discount code.
🔎 Make sure that all the details are correct. Deleting this discount code will remove it from the customer's account and from your POS and/or eCommerce platform and cannot be undone.
4. Click Delete discount code
5. Click Yes, delete discount to confirm
The unique discount code will then be deleted from the customer's account and from your POS and/or eCommerce platform.
Find the customer's unique reward discount code
1. In your Marsello Admin, go the the Customers Page
2. Search and find the customer, then click on their name to open their account
3. Under the customer's account, click Spend to open their loyalty profile
4. The customer's claimed discount codes appears at the top of their rewards ladder. Click View next to the discount that you want to delete.
5. Copy the customer's unique discount code
Make sure you save this discount code in an easy place to access ready for the next steps.