Use this guide to identify the possible reasons customers may be using coupon codes not associated with loyalty rewards and how to fix this.
On a customer's page in Marsello, you can see all discount codes currently available to them. Clicking on the discount title will take you to the reward insights so you can better identify it.
In this article:
- Referring friends incentive discount
- A coupon block used in an email flow
Referring friends incentive discount
When a current loyalty member refers a friend, the referred friend is eligible for a store coupon via email as an incentive to make their first purchase.
To receive this coupon, the referred friend needs to click on their friend's unique referral link and enter their name and email address.
To see if the coupon in question matches the referring friend incentive:
1. In your Marsello admin, click Loyalty
2. Click Earning Points
3. Under Referring Friends, click edit
4. Under Get the new customer shopping with an incentive bonus of you can see the current discount you have set up.
You can also click See Activity to see details of the customers who have successfully referred a friend and the friend that used the coupon code.
📝 Note: You can edit your referral program at any time to suit your store's needs.
A coupon block used in an email flow
The coupon block in email flows allow you to reward discounts to your customers unrelated to the loyalty rewards.
These email flows include coupon blocks by default:
- Recover Abandoned Carts
- Say Happy Birthday
- Thank First-Time Customers
- Reward Your Best Customers
- Win Back Lapsed Customers
To see if the coupon in question matches a coupon block from an email flow:
1. In your Marsello admin, click Email Flows
2. Click Edit on the email flow that you would like to check
3. Click the pencil icon to edit an email template
4. Above the email content block on the left-hand side, you can view the coupon block that has been added to the email template
5. Repeat steps 1-4 to check another email block, if necessary
📝 Note: Coupon blocks can be removed from the email flow templates:
- In the Coupon Added to Email banner click remove. This will stop any coupon codes being created.
- In the email template, click on the Coupon block and then click the trash icon. This will remove the coupon placeholder from the email template.