In this article:
- How to add a new customer to your loyalty program
- How it works - your customers' experience
- Tips for success
How to add a new customer to your loyalty program
To add a new customer to your loyalty program, all your need to do is add the customer to the sale in your Shopify POS.
1. Click Select customer
2. Click the Plus (+) icon to create a new customer
3. Add your new customer's First Name, Last Name and Email Address. This is the only required information for your customers to be added to your loyalty program.
📝 Note: If you have customers in-store that aren't interested in being part of the program, simply leave the email field blank, and they will not be counted as members.
4. Click Save. The customer will then be added to the sale.
5. Complete the sale
The customer will be automatically added to your loyalty program. Their details and purchase data will sync to your Marsello account.
They will be rewarded for their purchase and if you have your Collected Points email enabled, they will receive their first loyalty email.
6. Inform the customer to register their Shopify account
When a customer joins your loyalty program in-store, you should inform them to visit your online store to register a store account. If you have your 'Create an Account' earning option turned on, then they'll earn loyalty points too!
How it works - your customers' experience
After you have completed the sale, your customer will be a member of your loyalty program. They will automatically receive a loyalty points update email, here they can access your loyalty widget to see their points balance, your rewards and refer their friends.
Remember to add any new customers by entering their First Name, Last Name and Email Address while you're putting the sale through.
Tips for success
- Ask every customer who shops if they want to join your loyalty program.
- Let your customers know about your rewards to get them excited about joining, "Earn 1 point for every $1 you spend and unlock exciting rewards".