In this article:
- How to create VIP loyalty tiers
- Loyalty Tier Email Settings - Optional
- How it works - your customers' experience
How to create VIP loyalty tiers
1. In your Marsello admin, go to Loyalty > Loyalty Tiers
2. Under Loyalty Tiers, click Add a Tier
As a default, there are two loyalty program tiers.
- Tier 1 - Base Tier: Must have a points entry value as zero
- Tier 2 - VIP Tier: Has a points entry value of 500
3. To customize the loyalty tier, click Edit
4. Update the Tier Name
5. Update the Unlock Tier Value
📝 Note: This is the number of points that a member needs to earn in 1 year to enter this tier. (Your tier 1 must have a points entry value of 0 as a minimum)
6. Points earned for every dollar: Choose how many loyalty points members in this tier earn for every $1 that they spend
7. Click Save
Your loyalty tier will automatically update.
💡 Pro Tip: Make sure your VIP club is something your loyalty members aspire to! Create an explainer page which outlines the features of the higher loyalty tiers, the benefits of being part of it and the requirements to move up tiers.
> Learn how to make explainer pages
Loyalty Tier Email Settings - Optional
When a member earns enough points to enter the higher loyalty tier, you can automatically notify them by email.
Check the tick box next to Send Notification Email to turn on emails.
This email lets them know what tier they have just entered and how many points they will now earn on orders.
You can customize the loyalty tier emails to suit your store by clicking Preview and edit email.
How it works - your customers' experience
When a member has earned enough points to enter the higher loyalty tier they will automatically be notified by email (if enabled).
The next purchase that the member makes in-store or online, they will earn their new # of points per $ spent.
Their higher tier status will be displayed when they log in to the loyalty widget
📝 Note: Once a member reaches a higher Loyalty Tier they will remain there permanently. This is because the Loyalty Tiers are calculated from total points collected, and not the member's current balance.