🔓 Product Reviews are unlocked on the Marsello Pro Plan.
📝 Note: To reward members for product reviews, Shopify's free Product Review App is required.
In this article:
- How to set your 'product review' points reward
- How it works - your customers' experience
How to set your 'product review' points reward
1. In your Marsello admin, go to Earning Points
2. Under Product Reviews, turn ON and click Edit
3. Under Product Reviews, enter the number of loyalty points you would like to reward your members for giving you a review
4. Under What's the maximum number of reviews a member can be rewarded for:
- Enter the number of times a member can be rewarded for leaving a review within the timeframe you specify
- Then choose a frequency from the drop-down
- Add the minimum number of characters required in the review before the customer will be rewarded points.
This is optional and defaulted to 0.
5. Click Save
📝 Note: In order to match the review to the member, they will need to enter their email address when leaving a review. This is also really handy for you, as it means if anyone is unhappy, you have their email address to go back to them and make it right. To enable the email address on product reviews, simply go to your Review App settings: Under Review form text and make sure Author's email is required.
How it works - your customers' experience
When a member logs in to their account and visits the Earn tab of your loyalty widget, they will see your Review a product action. This is not a button, instead it tells them the amount of loyalty points they will earn for reviews, and the frequency that they can earn points.
Members can then leave reviews on products in your store via the Shopify Product Reviews app.
Then they will be rewarded loyalty points accordingly. If a member continues to leave additional reviews, they will only receive points the number of times you have specified in your settings.
If you have your Earned Points email notification turned on, the loyalty member will also receive an email notifying them about the points they earned for the review.
> How to update your Earned Points email notifications
Track the performance of the product reviews with Shopify
Once you've set-up how many points your members earns for leaving a product review using Shopify's Product Review App, you can track the progress. Here's how:
1. In your Earning Points tab > Product Reviews
2. Click See Activity
This will open the insight page. Here you can see:
- Loyalty members who completed this action
- The Shopify product ID of the reviewed product
- Their review's star rating
- Their review's heading
- Their review's description
- The amount of points they've earned
- The date they completed the action