🔓Blacklisting customers is unlocked on the Marsello Pro Plan.
In this article:
- Add customers to a group in Vend
- Exclude a customer group from your loyalty program
Blacklisting customers only excludes them from earning loyalty points. Blacklisted customers may still receive your automated marketing emails and will still count toward your active customer list.
Add customers to a group in Vend
📝 Note: Managing customer groups is only available for Vend on a Desktop or Laptop
1. In your Vend admin, go to the Customers tab, and then click Groups
2. On the Customer Groups page, click Add Group. Members of this group will be the customers you want to exclude from the loyalty program.
3. Give your new group an appropriate name, and click to confirm
4. Click on the Customers tab to return to your customer list. Search the name of your customer who you'd like to blacklist.
5. Find the customer in your customer list, and click on them to expand their details. Click Edit Customer to edit their details.
6. In the Edit Customer page, click the drop-down for Customer group
7. Select the blacklist customer group you created in step 3
Scroll down and click Save Customer to assign them to that group
Exclude a customer group from your loyalty program
1. In your Marsello app admin, go to Settings
2. Under Order Rewarding, go to Exclude customers that are tagged with one of:
3. In the text box, enter the Customer tag that you created in Vend
4. Click Save at the bottom right of the page
Now the customers that you have added to the group in Vend will be excluded from your loyalty program. They will not be able to earn points when they make a purchase.
If you want to add them back into your loyalty program in the future, just remove them from the customer group in Vend.