🔓 Blacklisting customers is unlocked on the Marsello Pro Plan.
In this article:
- How to create a customer tag in Shopify
- How to exclude customers from your loyalty program
📝 Note: Blacklisting customers only exclude them from earning loyalty points. Blacklisted customers may still receive your automated marketing emails and will still count toward your active customer list.
How to create a customer tag in Shopify
1. In your Shopify admin, go to Customers
2. Select the customers you would like to exclude from earning loyalty points
3. Click Bulk actions
4. Under the Bulk actions drop-down, click Add tags
5. Enter a title for your tag e.g. Loyalty Blacklist - Staff
Your new Loyalty Blacklist tag will now be a listed tag in Shopify.
5. Click Apply changes
Your selected customers will now be tagged with your "Loyalty Blacklist" tag.
How to exclude customers from your loyalty program
1. In your Marsello app admin, go to Settings
2. Under Order Rewarding, go to Exclude customers that are tagged with one of:
3. In the text box, enter the Customer tag that you created in Shopify
4. Click Save at the bottom right of the page
Now the customer/s that you have tagged in Shopify will be excluded from your loyalty program. They will not be able to earn points when they make a purchase.
If you want to add them back into your loyalty program in the future, just remove the tag from the customer in Shopify.